IBP are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst. The Commercial Finance Analyst role will support the Commercial Finance Manager in the production, tracking, review and validation of financial reports and supporting the business processes within the Commercial Finance department.The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Using a variety of existing MS Excel trackers and other systems, produce financial and commercial reports on a regular basis working with the Finance Department to ensure alignment of reported month end financial information.
- Ensure appropriate revenue is included on financial trackers
- Validate date on all trackers / system to ensure data set is complete and correct
- Save all financial trackers / backups systems within specific folders
- On a weekly basis
- Compile and submit financial reports and information to the Executive Management
- Ensure continuous tracking of WIP position and age. Monitor, support and drive the submission of applications for payments for various contracts and work streams and act as a reviewer and approver where necessary.
- Run ad hoc reports to monitor WIP status and aging of WIP and monitor, support and drive to reduce WIP positions.
- Work in conjunction with all business stakeholders to ensure timely (to deadlines) and accurate WIP reporting:
- Review and monitor the progress of individual work orders within the different contracts and identify issues and escalate as appropriate
- Continuous improvement in the development of reporting systems and processes to improve efficiency and the accuracy of reported figures through learning and understanding the different contracts and clients.
- Work alongside other stakeholders to ensure all applications for payment are made within appropriate timescales
- Support Commercial Finance Manager with ad hoc financial reporting as appropriate.
- Qualification(s) in a relevant financial / commercial field
- Managing monthly commercial / financial reporting.
- Creating, updating and improving complex MS Excel spreadsheets for data analysis.
- Accountancy and or financial management
- Advanced IT skills
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Good organisational skills
- Team working and leadership
- Ability to manage self and own workload is essential
- Experience and technical capabilities to solve challenging problems.
- Accountancy / financial management experience
- Quantity Surveying - Measurement, applications, cost value reconciliation
- Experience working in the utilities / telecoms sector
- Salesforce and Power BI experience.
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 15 working days of submitting their application - if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.