Highly acquisitive Business Services Group based on the outskirts of Chichester, West Sussex, requires an interim Financial Accountant to assist the business through a period of change and increased workload.What will the role involve?
- Reporting to the Head of Finance, the key responsibilities of the position will include assisting with the production of the annual statutory accounts including acting as key liaison with external auditors;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including provision of detailed commentary on any variances;
- Production of annual returns including Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE;
- Review of existing internal processes and procedures, recommending and implementing effective improvements where necessary;
- Work closely with the Finance Director to ensure future acquisitions are effectively integrated in to the Group in an efficient and timely manner;
- Undertaking ad hoc project work as and when required.
Additional benefits and information:
- Applicants for the position will hold a full accountancy qualification and a demonstrable, strong technical skill set;
- Candidates from a Public Practice would be particularly well suited for the role.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with non-finance stakeholders will be essential to undertake the role effectively as will being comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- The role will be initially offered on a 3-6 month interim basis but there is the potential of a permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. CMA is currently receiving a high volume of applications. Whilst we ensure all applications are considered, regrettably, it may not be possible to respond individually to all applications received.