Refinitiv is one of the world leaders in the provisioning of markets and financial data, content, analytics and services to a wide range of communities including wealth management, investment and advisory, trading, risk management, government, and education. This data, content and services are accessible directly by end users via data feeds, content sets and APIs. They are also accessed through a range of world class end user digital application platforms such as Refinitiv Workspace and Refinitiv Mobile. In addition Refinitiv is a major player in the provision of open standards components and tools enabling customers to access Refinitiv services within their own applications.
An experienced, highly motivated digital technical architect is required to drive out the effective design and delivery of existing and future products to our customers. The person will report into the Head of Architecture for Digital Products. The key requirements for this role are as follows:
- The person needs to have expanded from direct development and delivery to the provisioning of digital technical architecture leadership to teams. Hence a strong background in designing and architecting digital solutions is required. This will primarily be for web applications but we are also delivering an extensive mobile application platform, as well as building out new offerings within collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Slack and Symphony. In addition Refinitiv are building powerful solutions based on Jupyter Notebooks - hence experience in using such tools would be valuable.
- Our delivery platforms will in future be on cloud - mainly AWS and Azure. Hence direct experience in designing cloud based applications is valuable.
- The applications we deliver utilise many different data access mechanisms such as low latency data streaming and request / response. Hence a strong understanding of effective data API utilisation is key.
- Our applications need to be secure. Hence a strong knowledge of identity and access management, data security and perimeter security would be very valuable.
The key objectives of the role are as follows:
We care about benefits too.
- Act as a technical thought leader and architect across all teams delivering end user digital solutions to customers, particular for teams building out the Refinitiv Workspace product line.
- Work with our innovation, Proposition and Product teams to define our digital product roadmap and to act as a key technical partner in their day to day activities.
- Provide design and architecture leadership and governance to delivery teams, ensuring standards are met and our platform and applications remain world class.
- Drive out the simplification of our end user architecture - pushing for legacy applications and platforms to be refactored and removed.
- Act as a key SME for all UX delivery in Refinitiv.
- Drive out improved delivery of digital products through improved processes, tooling and standards.
- Operate as a key source of innovation in the products we offer to customers - i.e. do not just rely on Product teams to do this but take an active role in the identification and delivery of new revenue generating products.
- Provide direct support of sales activities with clients. Also provide delivery and architecture input to all customer onboarding and migration programmes.
- Carry out ongoing work item sizing and initial design as new items are provided to the work intake process.
- Provide direct input into the ongoing provision of open standards tooling and frameworks that enable our customers to build out their own applications using Refinitiv sourced data and services.
- Ensuring our technical architecture is well documented.
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.