This is a part time role. You will be working Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 13:30 Term Time only however, there is a requirement of additional 3 weeks during school holidays which will be included in the annual salary.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Oversee, develop and implement financial procedures and oversee all financial transactions/activity within the school.
2. Work with the Head teacher / senior staff to prepare the annual budgets and undertake financial planning, formatting salary proposals in line with the School Development Plan for the Finance and Resources committee in order to co-ordinate an annual budget of income and expenditure at the school.
3. Maintain and monitor all budgets and presenting regular management reports to ensure efficient and effective control of income and expenditure.
4. Prepare and implement business plans to ensure strategic development of the school to a high standard, measurable by internal and external criteria.
5. Ensure that the school complies with all statutory requirements (including transactions) from the DfE, ESCC, Governing Body and other audit based agencies, providing advice on these to other staff and the senior leadership team where necessary.
6. Negotiate contracts and tenders to ensure the most efficient use of resources to ensure best value for money at all times.
7. Assist with personnel-related processes to ensure that all documentation is accurately completed and forwarded to the relevant departments in compliance with school policy, ESCC policy and legal requirements.
8. Managing the School and Voluntary Fund within school and LA requirements to ensure that the school receives best value for money.
9. Manage stocks of supplies and consumables and monitor the spend on these.
10. Complete VAT returns and liabilities.
11. Manage the financial management system, undertaking financial analysis on current and future variations in income, expenditure and trends to inform school-wide decision-making and to keep governors fully informed.
12. Produce annual and statutory returns.
13. Manage all budgets, prepare regular management accounts, undertake variance analyses and provide advice on options to improve over-under spends.
14. Work in liaison with the school's Office manager to ensure that all staff movements are accounted for i.e. starters/leavers/maternity/absence updating payroll records accordingly.
15. Develop and maintain systems and procedures to incorporate new financial initiatives e.g. booster classes to ensure that the school is able to make best use of additional monies.
16. Support the Headteacher in a consultative and administrative capacity in matters of Finance and school administration to provide an objective and informed view to aid decision making.
If this role is not for you, please do share this with someone you know who might be interested!!!
Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all applicants will be subject to a full face-to-face registration and an Enhanced DBS (Formerly known as CRB).