Senior Tax Manager / Tax Managers, Bristol or London. £55-75,000 (dependent on experience and location) plus generous benefits package (including 23 days' holiday + bank holidays + 12 wellbeing days + continued professional development + generous employers pension contribution + income protection benefit + private medical insurance + life assurance etc.)
The Role: Working for a leading Chartered Financial Planning firm the successful Tax Manager will be a tax expert with the technical ability to advise a highly varied portfolio of High Net Worth Clients on complex tax matters and will have the opportunity to develop into a leadership role within the team. This role can be based in either the Bristol (BS20) or London (EC1V) office and we are happy to provide flexibility regarding home working.
The Company: Established in 2001, Paradigm Norton are one of the largest truly independent financial planning companies in England, servicing over 1,400 families with over £1.1 billion of assets under management and employing a team of 70 across three offices: Bristol, London and Torquay. They are the only financial planning firm to have won the prestigious Citywire New Model Adviser South West award 11 times, most recently in 2020 and their specialist in-house tax team, highly valued by clients and internally, further sets Paradigm Norton apart. They are a Certified B Corporation and in March 2019 became an employee owned business. Putting the clients' goals at the heart of the process they deliver comprehensive and bespoke financial planning, investment and portfolio management, tax and estate planning and advice on giving and philanthropy, translating complex financial issues and strategies for high net worth clients into workable solutions.
In 2019, Paradigm Norton launched its 'Leadership Academy' in partnership with the University of West of England (UWE) Bristol which sees participants study modules in self-leadership, personal vision, succession, sustainability and legacy and conflict and confrontation. Those who complete the course will receive an accredited level seven certificate of leadership and management from UWE Bristol, as well as credits towards completing a further two years to achieve an MBA at the university if they choose to do so.
Tax Manager, Responsibilities:
* Run portfolio of high net worth clients, taking a pro-active approach to tax planning as well as reactive consultancy/special projects as they arise.
* Ensure compliance deadlines are met and beneficial claims and elections are made within deadlines e.g. PPR, holdover, EIS.
* Deliver consistently high-quality tax planning and tax services to all Paradigm Norton clients, supporting colleagues in the Financial Planning team.
* Liaise with firm's internal accountant regarding charge-out rates, new business targets etc.
* Monitor client fee costs against budgets, keeping write-offs to a minimum and negotiating fee increases as appropriate.
* Work collaboratively with team members.
* Participate in providing training to other team members on current tax matters.
* Senior Tax Manager: Support and encourage the collective performance of the team in relation to the quality, timely and creative advice to clients, leading regular team meetings; training and personal development reviews
Tax Manager, Skills and Experience required:
* A chartered accountant specialising in tax (FCA/ACA) or CTA (Chartered Tax Adviser)
* 3 to 5 years' + post qualification experience.
* Good understanding of all personal taxes - income, capital gains and inheritance tax.
* Experience of high net worth individuals, dealing with all types of personal tax planning including IHT/trust/offshore.
* Confident and relaxed with clients, able to think quickly and creatively to resolve tax problems.
* Technologically adept with strong commercial focus.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills with an 'all hands-on deck' approach in busy periods.
* Preferable - knowledge of overseas tax planning for non-resident and non-domiciled clients, tax planning with trusts, tax issues on investments (including insurance bonds, VCTs, EIS/SEIS/CITR, offshore funds (reporting and non-reporting) etc).
* Preferable - experience of corporate and business tax affairs.
* Some team supervision/ management experience would be of interest but not essential.
The successful Tax Manager will enjoy a highly rewarding career working for an award winning and progressive company who invest in their staff and value and reward individual contribution.
Dawn O'Shea recruits directly on behalf of Paradigm Norton Financial Planning Ltd so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If you are successful in being short-listed you will be contacted by telephone in the first instance to discuss the role and your requirements in more detail