Five Education are looking for SEMH teaching assistants within the Swindon area.
You will have experience of working with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) and other related needs. You will need to be calm and able to help children focus on their work.
Ideally, you will have Team Teach (12-hour course) or someone who is happy to take part in our next course in the upcoming months.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Working with the teacher to help the pupils access the curriculum
- Helping to differentiate work
- Assisting students who have SEMH
- Supporting the students social and emotional development
- Developing a relationship with the students and their caregivers
- Working with other TAs and support staff
- Implementing behaviour management tools
- Working with potential challenging behaviour and/ or complex needs
- A teaching assistant qualification (or similar - candidates with qualifications in education, youth/social work and counselling are welcome to apply)
- At least 12 months of recent teaching assistant or similar experience
- Experience teaching or supporting children with SEMH
- A flexible and resourceful approach
- Will have strong communication and empathy skills
- You will be able to demonstrate positive reinforcement
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.