Indirect Tax Advisor - Manufacturing - Luton - £40k-£55k + 10%-15% bonus
Robert Walters are hiring for an Indirect Tax Advisor for a leading international manufacturing business based in Luton.
This position comes with a salary in the region of £40k-£55k +10%-15% bonus, private healthcare, 7% pension contributions and flexible working.
The Indirect Tax Advisor will form part of a small in-house indirect tax team based in Luton, together responsible for the VAT and Customs affairs of the business across Europe.
The role contains compliance but also a good amount of advisory/project work as well.
- Manage regular VAT compliance
- Compile a number of EU VAT returns
- Review and approve all European VAT returns and payments for registrations held by the UK Principal company
- Manage the process to recover input VAT on travel expenses and purchase cards, working with an external partner (and complete the project implementation)
- Manage moves to digital VAT reporting, as and when this occurs in relevant countries
- Manage and support other regulatory changes relating to any Europe VAT registrations held.
- Manage the design and implementation of a Framework to control and check VAT
- Manage and maintain key processes and controls
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of a planned European VAT reporting tool to prepare and audit Ball Europe VAT returns.
- Roll out a process for applying the correct VAT to gross margin invoice adjustments
- Management and control of VAT standing data across Ball registrations in Europe
- Maintain sales flows in SAP and Word, ensuring they are set up accurately
- Maintain customer VAT Master Data and tax codes
- Update flows and codes for new registrations or changes in VAT treatment.
- Assist external customers and suppliers with VAT implications of sales/purchases.
- Manage and support other VAT issues and projects.
- Support all Customs regimes and authorisations held
- Ensure local plants understand obligations
- Manage customer and supplier requirements for EU-origin declarations (i.e. Supplier's Long-term declarations)
- Support applications for new regimes/authorisations.
The company is looking for someone with good VAT and/or Indirect Tax experience. International/European experience would be great, but UK experience is sufficient.
The ideal candidate will be qualified (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA) and will have experience in both advisory and compliance work.