Finance Manager - Competitive - Melton, East Riding The Role
Do you have good experience of management accounts and preparing and monitoring budgets? If so, a genuinely outstanding school has an opportunity for a Finance Manager to join as temporary maternity cover for at least six months.
The successful candidate will organise and oversee all financial systems and procedures for the school and any attached primary schools, alongside advising the Finance Director on all financial matters relating to the financial management of the school/attached primary schools. A key part of this role will be the preparation of the five year plan including detailed staffing analysis and budget preparation.
The key responsibilities of a Finance Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Finance Director to review, duties include: preparation or review of all key reconciliations, VAT returns, monthly budget to actual reports and termly management accounts, year-end extended trial balance with backing information.
- Assisting the Finance Director to prepare for annual audit to ensure compliance with relevant practices and procedures and takes action when discrepancies are identified referring to Finance Director/Head teacher as appropriate.
- Monitoring individual budget holders' annual budgets and estimates.
- Overseeing the running of the finance department and its team of 3 staff.
The school is a very large, heavily over-subscribed secondary school with over 2100 students on roll, including 430 in the sixth form. Our students are the highest performing in the East Riding, and we our committed and caring staff are fundamental to that success.
The school was judged to be outstanding by Ofsted in 2013. In each of the last 3 years, our Progress 8 figure has been in the range of +0.49 to +0.59 and we have won the Pupil Premium Award for Yorkshire and the Humber in 2 of the last 4 years.The Person
The key skills and qualities of a Finance Manager include:
- Accounting qualification desired but not essential if the candidate has relevant experience.
- Experience of SAGE 50 profession is also desirable.
- High level IT skills in Microsoft office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus email and web.
- Experience of preparation of management accounts, budget to actual reports, key reconciliations, extended trial balances, budget plans, as well as training/coaching and managing teams.
- Experience of analysing, interpreting and utilising financial data to enable evidence based decisions to be made.
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills, reliability and integrity with a commitment to creating a positive and inclusive environment.
- A clear vision of what constitutes educational and organisational excellence.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.