A leading Kent based multi-service law firm is currently looking to recruit an experienced Legal Cashier (2+ years experience) to join its legal accounts department. You will be required to be fully compliant with the solicitor's accounts rules - this is essential.
You will be working within a team, reporting directly to the Accounts Manager. Duties will include:
- Liaising with the firm's bank in connection with incoming and outgoing chaps payment
- Preparation of daily office and client account banking
- Issue of payments from both client and office accounts when requested
- Purchase Ledger
- Issue of petty cash monies as and when requested
- Ensuring that all client to office transfers are carried out
- Answering internal and external accounts queries
- Posting all receipts to the appropriate ledgers on the same day
- Checking of bills for most departments and posting the same, ensuring fee earners are allocated their relevant costs
- Posting of facsimile and photocopying, Companies House and Land Registry charges to the correct ledgers on a daily basis
- Assisting with month end and any other duties as required by the Accounts Manager
In order to apply for this role you must have accounts experience within the legal industry, otherwise your application will not be considered.
Apply now online or, for an initial, confidential discussion, contact Becky Newton at G2 Legal.