What are my responsibilities?
The Finance Project Lead for the portfolio will report directly to the EL Finance Manager for the segment. The following outlines the key roles and responsibilities for this role (part Finance Manager duties, part Senior Project Accountant duties):
Finance Portfolio Duties
* Day to Day management of 3 Project Accountants in 3 EL regions.
* Providing day to day finance guidance and completion of ad hoc work for the Regional Project Leads and Regional Delivery Team
* Review of Project Accountant period end accruals for approval
* Review of Project Settlements, producing 'Flash' period end report along with commentaries on variances for the project portfolio.
* Provide support and guidance accountants in the preparation of the finance sections of all PDR's and during the monthly project reviews.
* Detailed financial review of project reports ahead of project review meetings.
* Attendance at all project review meetings as part of Portfolio Management Team.
* Provide support and guidance to accountants in the preparation of Application for Payments on Target Cost contracts.
* Ensure local compliance with PA Process and other process/internal control procedures.
* Produce consolidated regional forecast for Orders, Sales, Gross Margin and Cash, including commentary on key variances for review.
Project Accounting Duties
* Prepare monthly project delivery reports for all assigned projects.
* Maintain monthly sales, margin and cash flow forecasts in conjunction with project team.
* Hold regular cost reviews with project team to ensure robust out-turns are maintained.
* Undertake work as required to meet central finance month end requirements for projects
* Ensure company systems, such as SAP / Cyberquery, are kept up to date with the current project status.
* Prepare and post accruals for projects and portfolio cost centres.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
* Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
* Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both Finance staff other project functions
* The ability to analyse and use data to add value to a process or activity
* Be prepared to travel if required, York, London and Coventry
* Advanced Excel skills
* Prior management experience
* Relevant Contract accountant experience