We are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Engineer. The role is based with my client, who is a well-established global manufacturing site in the Newton Aycliffe area.
The initial length of your assignment would be 6 months, with the view to extend for the right candidate.
The role will entail standard office dayshift hours working:
The pay rate will be £20.00p/h.
The manufacturing process is complex using high-value capital equipment that involves a mix of mechanical, electrical and process engineering technologies.
The site works on a continuous shift working pattern and there is a high emphasis placed upon equipment availability and adherence to world class standards of operation, quality and maintenance.
Key Job Responsibilities
The main elements of the Quality Engineering role are as follows:
* Key member of Process NPI programmes
* Translation of Voice of Customer
* New test method development
* Coordinate Product Quality risk assessments (PFMEA)
* Ownership of all high-level Product Quality Technical Documentation
* Manufacturing Scale-up to Launch approval
* Supporting Internal Audits
* CAPA Resolution
* Ensuring quality of product during manufacture
* Leading quality improvement projects
* Reporting on quality measurement indices
* Supporting supplier quality activities
* Addressing internal and external customer concerns
* Liaison and support to other manufacturing sites
* Engage in the site LMS Tier processes as required (Tier 2/3/4)
Skills, experience and key capabilities
* Motivated, self-starter with good initiative and high level of integrity
* Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
* Advanced documentation skills
* High degree of attention to detail
* Ability to consistently deliver against targets
* Good team player
* Travel as required by the role
* Experience of leading projects with cross functional teams
* Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative.
* Good judgement, decision making and root cause/problem-solving skills
* Reliable and dependable
* Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Technical degree (or equivalent) or relevant work experience required
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- CQI Qualification
* Experience of working in a Quality organisation would be an advantage
* Accredited Lead Quality Auditor
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy