This top law firm are seeking a Construction Litigation Lawyer with at least 3 years experience to join their team in Exeter.
You will join a team that enjoys a formidable reputation across the industry where they consistently win panel appointments for major public sector clients and direct instructions from private sector clients. The work will be local, national and international.
You can expect to be involved in :
- Proceedings in the TCC;
- ADR, including adjudication, mediation and resolution of claims under the pre-action protocol for construction and engineering disputes;
- Dispute avoidance and risk management;
- Contractual interpretation;
- Professional Negligence;
- Domestic projects in the main (regional and national) with the opportunity to become involved in international matters.
In addition you will be expected to :
- Play an active role in business development and raise the firm's profile to help win new business;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in other offices and other practice areas and and travel as required;
- Participate in firm-wide and departmental training;
- Initiate, build and maintain effective client relationships;
- Ensure files are managed in compliance with Lexcel.
The firm has a career development framework which sets out the competencies expected of those at different levels. In this role they require :
- Drive, enthusiasm and vision;
- Proven ability to management files;
- Flexibility and can-do approach;
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative approach;
- Demonstrable passion for business development;
- Qualified Solicitor with at least 3 years PQE in construction litigation;
- Knowledge of JCT, FIDIC and NEC form of contracts; Excellent academics and training.
This is a full time permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits and a relocation package for those moving to the area.