UK Parking Control have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Solicitor to join their team as the Head of Legal based in Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire.
Location: Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Bonus plan
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm
We require someone who is looking to take responsibility for managing and overseeing the majority of Legal matters the Company needs to address. The role will primarily deal with three key areas. Management of cases at Debt recovery through third party suppliers. Management of Legal action taken against debtors, both in house, and through third parties, and oversight of the compliance and regulatory matters alongside external advisers and the senior management team.
This Head of Legal role will require the successful candidate to have a key understanding of how a legal role sits within a commercial organisation. You must be a qualified Solicitor and have a good legal education and background.
We require someone to ideally have a strong understanding of managing large volumes of litigation through the small claims track as well as experience is negotiating and settling larger claims.
You will need to be able to demonstrate an understanding of regulatory and compliance matters as this role will also oversee the handling of these issues. The role will involve your development and understanding of specific laws which relate to the parking industry and you will be required to advise and liaise with law firms to help safeguard the company in an industry with a dynamically changing legal and compliance framework.
Head of Legal - Key Responsibilities:
- Line Management responsibilities for various teams
- Managing a team of legal advisors who will be preparing cases for court
- Managing the relationships with appointed third party debt collection agents
- Dealing with inbound claims against the company
- Coordinating and developing strategies for litigation
- Preparing defences and claims for the Small Claims Track of the County Court
- Where necessary represent the company in the Small Claims Track of the County Court
- Liaising with legal firms in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland to prepare and facilitate county court proceedings
- Identifying risks through case preparation and advising changes to business strategy
- Ensuring full compliance with Accredited trade association, independent appeals service and regulation and codes of practice prepared by government departments or their appointed bodies
- Ensuring all Company processes and procedures comply with all legislation
- Management of department finances in line with budget expectation
- Being the internal point of contact for legal advice and providing broad advice to internal departments on legal and contractual matters
- As necessary Liaising with legal firms in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland to gather further specific advice for different areas of the business
Head of Legal - Candidates will be effective at:
- Taking ownership of tasks and following through to completion
- Managing multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent record keeping
- Ensuring regulatory guidelines are followed by all departments
- Making suggestions for improvements
- Time management
Head of Legal - Behaviours:
- Able to take ownership and accountability when making decisions
- Deal professionally with all types of stakeholders (internal and external)
- Positive attitude and resilient when faced with challenging and difficult situations
- To be a quick and adaptable learner
- Strong manager of teams
Head of Legal - Benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Regular incentives and social functions
To submit your CV for this exciting Head of Legal opportunity, please click 'Apply' now.