Our global Pharmaceutical client, based near Belfast in Northern Ireland, are looking to add a Senior Engineering Project Manager to their team. This excellent opportunity comes with a strong salary and generous bonus/benefits package.This individual will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination, financial control and delivery to programme of engineering projects.Responsibilities:
- Establish with project stakeholders the project requirements, scope of work and major project milestones, and determine mutually agreeable project objectives
- Manage and influence project stakeholder groups and coordinate project resource to ensure successful project delivery
- Ensure that solutions are delivered within the time-frames established, agreed budget and to the quality of deliverables expected
- Monitor, report and escalate project issues, risks, changes and progress to project stakeholders, sponsors, and line management
- Lead the development of practical and cost effective engineering designs
- Initiate inquiries with vendors, evaluate proposals and prepare accurate and realistic budget estimates and milestone project programmes for the purpose of gaining approval to acquire capital funds by management
- Support tender process and supplier/contractor selection
- Organise testing, commissioning and validation of new facilities and equipment, assuring quality assurance, environmental, health and safety factors
- Manage external consultants, engineers and contractors during the project execution phase, ensuring all work carried out by them is within the requirements of the overall project remit
- Ensure all works comply with relevant health and safety law such as the CDM regulations, LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA etc
- Degree in an engineering discipline / Chartered engineering status
- Proven track record of leading and executing complex large scale projects within the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Proficiency in programming, managing, and reporting on projects utilising information technology (MS Project/Excel)
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Possess problem-solving and customer oriented attitudes
- Recognised H&S qualification; ideally NEBOSH Certificate
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities and processes
- Experience in commissioning and qualification activities
- Knowledge of engineering standards and best practice
- Knowledge of process safety management
If you are interested in this role and would like to learn more, please apply today.
The candidate must have the rights to work in the location stated in the job advert.
Please note, Quanta Consultancy Services does not sponsor Visa applications.