This is a fantastic opportunity for an AAT or ATT qualified professional who is looking for a more niche role within the Tax arena. The Senior Tax Analyst role is to support those companies that invest in Research and Development within their businesses to claim refunds from HMRC who are keen to support this investment
Together with this core role, you will also be involved in other project work as the company expands, so exceptional career progression for the right candidate
The Senior Tax Analyst is also responsible for the mentoring and training of more junior members of the team
It is essential that you have analytical skills coupled with a strong business acumen and first class communication skills to be able to understand business drivers, analyse and identify costs relating to R&D projects and build relationships with business owners/Directors to explain the processes involved
Knowledge of HRMC guidelines would be advantageousRole and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of costs attributed to the R&D projects, submitting of reports to meet HMRC legislation and guidelines and so ensure clients receives maximum refund due to them
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments to maximise client benefit through accuracy and due diligence.
- Create and conduct induction and specific training on the R&D cost and finance topics as per requests.
- Conducting quality reviews on the team
- Communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders regarding technical aspects of the claim
- Responsible for identifying any relevant process amendments that are required to ensure high levels of diligence within the process.
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets to meet the annual Company revenue target
- Involvement in project work to improve the client journey, client retention and technical upskilling related to the team.
- Client visits will be required, on occasion where appropriate, as part of claim reviews and customer service meetings in line with commercial opportunities.
- Working with credit control and finance to establish accurate and timely processing of client billing, as well as communicating the basis of this to clients in an effective manner
Excellent salary plus bonuses, personal and company, fabulous working environment and great team