Based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, EPM is an award winning and accredited education services business with 25 years of expertise.
We are a technology enabled business, but people are at the heart of what we do. We believe in developing long lasting relationships with our customers and employees, with our relationships lasting, on average, 11 years.
We are 100% dedicated to education and our expert team of nearly 200 highly qualified employees support more than 1,600 schools nationwide.
Our culture is unique and is based upon our motivated and passionate team. As a result, we encourage our employees to flourish and unleash their talent by building their confidence and providing them with the opportunities and support to empower them and realise their full potential. This is just one of the many reasons we were awarded 'Employer of the Year' at the Hunts Post Business Awards 2018.
EPM's performance in the market has been, and continues to be, exceptional, resulting in significant growth year after year. Our success can be attributed to our proactive, forward thinking approach and passionate team. Our plan is to continue this growth, increase our geographical reach and consider expanding the services offered.Purpose of the Job
To ensure outstanding customer service across the organisation by delivering, and supporting colleagues to deliver, expert payroll advice and guidance in a timely and effective manner. You will be constantly striving to improve the efficiency and professionalism of working practices to meet the company's objectives of 'clarity and consistency' and working 'smarter not harder' to facilitate an increase in customer base whilst maintaining and improving customer service.
You will be supporting the payroll section in attaining its aims and objectives, by providing an effective service within the company working as part of a team and managing a portfolio of schools. This will be in accordance with HMRC, pension scheme regulations and employment terms and conditions. The working environment is fast-paced and the ability to work well and remain positive under pressure is essential. Main Responsibilities/Duties of the Job
What can you expect in return?
- Manage a portfolio of schools on all aspects of payroll (start-finish), consisting of multiple monthly pay dates and differing terms and conditions across employers.
- Accurately input payroll data, balance reports and dispatch payrolls to schools, meeting required audit checks.
- Process various statutory forms for example: P45s, Starter Declarations, Student Loans, P60, and P11d's. Comply with the requirements for Auto Enrolment and Real Time Information.
- Liaise proactively with HR colleagues to ensure that all contractual changes are administered effectively in time for payroll deadlines.
- Manually calculate salary changes where necessary, including back pay, overpayments, leavers, annual leave and other ad hoc manual payments.
- Apply statutory provisions including, PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Adoption Pay, Student loans and Attachment to Earnings Orders.
- Process data, edit, revise and print letters, tables, reports and other materials as appropriate.
- Complete monthly and annual Local Government and Teachers' Pension returns in accordance with statutory deadlines.
- Answer queries from allocated schools and assist with other team members' queries, create and uphold sound customer relationships at all times.
- Respond to enquiries from third parties on payroll related issues, including correspondence with statutory bodies such as HMRC, Local Government Pension Scheme, Teachers' Pensions and Third-Party providers.
- Work for the leading Payroll provider in the education sector
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Positive and supportive working environment
- Career development opportunities
- Support with external payroll qualifications up to master's degree level with the Chartered Instituted of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
- Mentoring programme
- Excellent reward package including a staff wellbeing programme
If you are interested in the role of Payroll Administrator, please apply online.