- Disability AssessorSalary -
£32,000 - £34,000 per annum + Excellent training and benefitsContract -
Full time or part time**Please note due to COVID-19 this is currently a contact free process, all interviews and training are currently done online **
Are you a highly motivated Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic
looking for a rewarding new challenge?
If so, Independent Assessment Services has an excellent opportunity for you to develop your existing skills and qualify as a Disability Assessor
. You will be rewarded with a fantastic benefits package, with no weekend work required.Benefits
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
- Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years (after one years service)
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
- Flexible benefits tailored to your needs including travel or dental insurance, cycle to work scheme and more
- Award-winning Employee Support Networks - As we strive to be diverse and inclusive, you'll have access to seven Employee Support Networks that will be on hand to advise you in different areas: Members of the Armed Forces (Armed Forces Network, which received the Golden Award 2016), Generational Diversity (Aeon Network), Ability (Adapt Network), Gender (Aspire Network), LGBT+ and friends (Pride Network), Cultural (Together Network) and our latest addition the Return to Work Network
Your primary role will be to conduct assessments
in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for Personal Independence Payment (PIP), a benefit designed to help support people
who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities.
Given the wide range of conditions and disabilities, the role will vary each day and will contribute to your expanding clinical knowledge
. It will involve a mixture of home consultations, consultation centre based appointments and producing paper-based reviews.
You will receive comprehensive training as part of a 25 week induction and receive ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals.Personal specification:
- Nurses (RGNs, RMNs, RNLDs)
- Occupational Therapists
- Two years post-qualification experience