Piers Meadows Recruitment are looking for a Learning Support Worker to join our private client in Surrey.
- Permanent Role
- 37.5 hours per week- Monday to Friday 9:00 to 17:00
- 23 days paid holiday (up to 4 days to be taken between Christmas & New Year) plus bank holidays.
- Fully funded training opportunities.
- Free on site parking.
Working as part of a team, you will provide support to adults with autism and related disabilities in the attainment of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion. You will work in our brand new Centre for Lifelong Learning as well as accompanying our adult learners in the community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of working within the adult care and community based sector
- Minimum grade C in English & Maths GCSE or the equivalent.
- Knowledge, interest or experience of working with special educational needs, autism spectrum disorders and related disabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships with learners, parents and staff
- Ability to keep accurate records and reports, and produce accurate graph data
- A positive, patient, caring and can-do attitude
You will make a difference to our adult learners by:
- Supporting participation in social, leisure and educational activities within the local community.
- Encouraging and enabling learning and development in all aspects of daily life.
- Facilitating and supporting learners' decision making, promoting choice and the ability to reach their potential for independence.
- Collecting, recording and analysing data to monitor progress and improve learning programmes.