Maths Teacher for Post 16 Motspur Park, London borough of Merton Pay
Permanent contract £28,000 up to £35,000pa
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- Relevant teaching qualification
- Recent experience teaching SEN children (particularly those with Autism) is preferred, but not essential
- Ability to manage classes that can display challenging behaviour
January 2021 - permanent contractSummary Job Paragraph
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Maths Teacher for Post 16 to join an outstanding independent special needs school in the South West London area. This full time Maths Teacher for Post 16 role is for a January 2021 start and will be on a permanent contract. The children at this school are aged between 3 and 19. The school supports students through a language-based curriculum employing experienced teachers, teaching assistants and therapists.The role
- Maths Teacher for Post 16
- Permanent contract starting in January 2021
- Working with post 16 students
- Full time role 5 days per week
- Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties is desirable
- School hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Full time permanent position
- Teaching small class sizes of up to 6 children
- In class support of up to 2 or 3 assistants
- Caters to students with a speech, language and communication impairment
- Children here are aged between 3 and 19
- 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating
- Holistic tailored curriculum with a focus on removing barriers to learning
- Excellent leadership team
- Supportive team environment
- Located next to a mainline station and parking is also available on-site
To be considered for the Maths Teacher for Post 16 position, you will:
- Have experience working with children or adults with special needs
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification
- NQTs and / or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Have recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Maths Teacher for Post 16 who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on .
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.