Five Education are looking for SEND Supply Teachers to work with Primary and Secondary aged pupils in Stroud and the surrounding areas.
We are looking for confident candidates who have experience supporting pupils with SEND, ideally secondary aged students but if you have experience working with primary children and are looking for a change, we would welcome your application.
Responsibilities and duties
- Working within the set Curriculum, teach lessons taking into consideration the needs of the pupils.
- Proving a positive outlook
- Modelling good behaviour and positive social interactions
- Guiding students in social interactions and building positive relationships with staff members and other students
- Redirecting pupils who are presenting challenging behaviour
- Working 1:1 or in small group
- A minimum of 12 months experience working with young people
- At least 6 months of experience working with young people with SEND (PMLD/SLD/MLD/complex needs).
- Knowledge of de-escalation techniques such as those taught in Team Teach would be an advantage
- Flexible, Calm and Resourceful
- Understanding of KS 1 /2 or 3/4 Curriculum
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.