My client is a leading global wireless technology / IoT solutions company.
This role is based at my client's technology hub, which is enjoying heavy investment at present, and has lots of exciting projects planned over the next year or two.
You will be joining their dedicated RF design team, working on critical projects involving their latest technology. They typically work up to around 2 to 3.5GHz.
Senior RF Design Engineer, job purpose:
Work on the design, development, test, and release of circuitry for products that require functionality at frequencies typically up to 3.8GHz, but potentially higher.
The Senior RF Design Engineer shall be responsible for the specification, design, analysis, build and test of new designs. Interaction is required with other development team members, quality assurance and production personnel to ensure the requirements of the complete product life-cycle are met.
As Senior RF Design Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Design of RF electronics for products (esp. Radio systems)
- Breadth of RF design experience
- Use of simulation packages(e.G. Microwave Office or ADS)
- Innovation and effectiveness in designs produced
- Ability to own and complete design work packages
- Ability to act as lead engineer for new product design
- Strong practical RF design skills (ability to design and make circuitry).
- Knowledge of the architecture and theory associated with typical RF circuitry (such as that deployed in receivers / transmitters / modulators / demodulators etc.)
- Innovation and initiative
As Senior RF Design Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Derive system and RF requirements from high level requirements
- Architect RF systems
- Simulate, design, build and test RF systems
- Support legacy systems already in manufacture
- Act as lead engineer when allocated to do so on selected new product designs
- Ensure that designs are managed to meet internal and external customer requirements
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, highly respected, engineering company offering a great working environment and good career options.
If you have any specific questions about this Senior RF Design Engineer role, please call David Philpott on 01582 878819. To apply, email:
Visit and follow Redline Group