Spencer Clarke Group
are working closely alongside Bradford City Council
to provide them a with a Senior Finance Officer to
join their team on a Contract Basis!Full TimeRate - £17 per hour (negotiable dependent upon experience- Please submit CV with rate Required)Your Role:
- Listen to service customers and provide timely information and advice, offering solutions as required.
- To research and maintain specialised knowledge in various financial disciplines to provide expert advice to and on behalf of the Council.
- To develop good working relationships with colleagues to support the delivery of financial services and showing at all times professionalism and respect.
- To promote fairness and inclusion across all service provision and employment through personal example and open commitment.
- To take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by the work of the post holder.
- To carry out any other duties as may be required, which are reasonable in terms of the nature and level of the post.
- Ensure that all budgeting and year end accounting procedures are complied with including the operation of financial policies and controls, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.
- Prepare, analyse and interpret financial and other service performance information to influence and enable managers to make the correct operational decisions.
- Support service departments and budget holders by providing a comprehensive financial support service which will include budget profiling and forecasting with links to performance management information. Prepare reports as required.
- Ensure the Council's income and expenditure is correctly accounted for in line with legislative requirements and Council policies and procedures.
- Organise, deliver and participate in training events to improve the skills, knowledge and understanding of financial and non financial managers.
- Undertake more complex financial activities within the Accountancy function including working on corporate projects and multi-disciplinary working parties.
- Promote continuous improvement by:
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Lauren Bailey @ Spencer Clarke group - lb
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant guidance
- Ensure quality and consistency of financial information
- Promoting governance and risk management awareness and the maximising of resources to improve value for money.
@spencerclarkegroup.co.ukWHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers