Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation based in Edinburgh, are currently looking to recruit a Finance Manager for an initial 6 month contract on a rate of c.£275-325/day (inside of IR35). This role will be remote based initially due to current circumstances.
This post will form part of the Finance function, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, acting as a senior member of the programme team.
a.Work closely with programme and project managers to establish annual budgets. Monitor progress against budgets, advising on corrective action where appropriate. Feed into Spending Reviews, Budgets and in-year budget reviews
b.Maintain and improve financial processes to ensure that spend incurred on the programme is in line with financial governance at programme and advise on governance and control improvements where required.
c.Support the Chief Finance Officer, Director of Corporate Services and Chief Executive in liaising with Finance Business Partners and the portfolio finance team by providing expertise and detailed knowledge of budgets and spending.
Professional Finance Support to the programme:
a.Provide professional accounting, budgeting and broader financial advice to the programme.
b.Taking account of contract terms and the advice of contract managers, determine and apply suitable accounting treatments for service contracts.
Contributing to the medium-to-long term planning:
a.Contribute accounting expertise and financial understanding to programme planning activities and business cases, ensuring that the programme's financial plans reflect the programme plan.
Championing value for money, financial propriety and good practice within the programme.
a.Present clear and consistent messages to colleagues on best practice and propriety in financial management.
b.Build strong relationships across organisational boundaries and professional disciplines to support the spread of financial good practice and the development of collaborative solutions.
• A qualified accountant (member of a CCAB body or equivalent) with up to date CPD, strong technical accountancy and financial management skills. We would consider a part-qualified candidate who could demonstrate significant financial management experience.
• The ability to challenge and contribute to medium to long-term plans and to coordinate the development of financial plans that complement delivery plans and business cases.
• Excellent communications skills and a track record of using them build effective relationships across disciplines and organisational boundaries to support the delivery of objectives.
• Experience of leading the implementation of effective, sustainable change that improves business processes, drives value for money and/or improves outcomes.
• Public Sector experience.
• Experience of working at a senior level in a complex programme or project environment.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.