Payroll Team Leader - salary up to £32K dependant on experience
T2M Resourcing are recruiting a Payroll Team Leader for this leading national company who have recently grown their Payroll function.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Company's weekly and monthly payrolls are managed and processed accurately & on time. You will also take supervisory responsibility for a small team of 4.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- To check the accuracy of payroll data input within the department
- To ensure that deadlines are met for weekly and monthly payrolls
- The maintenance of accurate records of all aspects of payroll activity and audit compliance
- To ensure that Tax, NI and other deductions are made correctly and paid to the relevant authorities
- To oversee the ongoing auto enrolment process and ensure pension contributions are correct for our existing defined benefit schemes
- To provide depot and finance managers with data relating to payroll costs
- To ensure that all queries from external bodies are dealt with
- To ensure that all statutory requirements are met, for example in relation to Maternity pay, Paternity pay, Court Orders etc
- To assist in the maintenance and development of the payroll system to meet changing legislation and new working practices
- To work with Payroll Manager to provide the full payroll service and to deputise as necessary
- Previous leadership experience within a Payroll function
- Experience of both weekly and monthly payrolls
- Experience working in a busy payroll environment processing payroll for around 700 to 1000 employees end to end
- Knowledge of current legislation around NI rates, Statutory payments etc
- Experience of a Computerised Payroll system
- Attention to detail, be meticulous and accurate
- Excellent numerical, written and communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word & Excel
- High integrity and respecting data confidentiality
This presents a great opportunity to join a large company at an exciting time of change.
Please note that this role will be based from home initially.
To apply please forward you CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period.Due to high to the high volume of applications we are receiving we are unable to respond to each candidate personally. If you have not heard from us within 7 days unfortunately your application will not have been successful.