Accountancy Lead - Transactional FinanceHome based Full timeFixed term contract until March 2021£48,033
Our client is an ambitious and well-established housing group with deep roots in our three heartland areas of Liverpool, St Helens and Warrington.
One of the largest landlords in the North West, they have 1,500 staff, manage more than 40,000 homes, support almost 75,000 customers and invest at least £5m a year into local communities and life changing causes.
A social organisation with a commercial focus generating income to drive their activities and deliver lasting change, they are a landlord, property developer, commercial contractor and social entrepreneur.
They are currently looking for an experienced Accounting professional to support their Group Head of Financial Planning & Partnering in the development of an efficient and effective transactional accountancy function. This role will manage 4 direct reports and will have overall responsibility for their Rent Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash & Treasury, and Insurance teams.
Within this role you'll be responsible for:
- Leading the delivery of the transactional accountancy services and making a positive contribution to developing and improving the services provided.
- Leading the provision of appropriate, accurate and effective financial information and performance monitoring systems.
- Managing the transactional accountants teams ensuring that sectional and group objectives are met.
- Ensuring that we meet our tax and compliance obligations as part of the effective transactional processing.
- Assisting with the integration of a new financial system.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a strong background in transactional finance with previous experience of managing a finance team.
- Ideally be a fully qualified accountant and/or will have a wealth of experience in this field.
- Be able to demonstrate achievement in shaping and implementing effective finance systems and processes.
- Have excellent communications skills and the ability to manage a team remotely.
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and organisation skills.
- Be able to inspire others.
Great people share qualities that our client values highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within a team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing at all times, and they always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure the group achieves their aims. If you can share this way of working, you'll enjoy working here.
In return, they offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills - along with a package of benefits that shows how much they value your contribution and care about your wellbeing.
Our client reserves the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that they have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.