We are seeking a Senior Data Developer to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for working across several Data Warehousing, Reporting, and Data Integration projects, assisting with the development of data best practices and governance, building reporting infrastructure, creating ad-hoc reports, and helping to optimize data flow and collection.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of, and is excited to learn about all aspects of data from multiple complex sources and domains, and who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Senior Data Developer will support our developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists, and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistently present across projects. They will also support non-technical colleagues in the collection and appropriate use of data. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by data, cross-system integration, traditional and non-traditional forms of ETL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data Modeling - evaluate structured and unstructured data, determine the most appropriate schema for new tables, fact tables, data marts, etc.
- Data Integration - incorporate new business and system data into client Data Warehouses while maintaining enterprise best practices and adhering to data governance standards.
- ETL and Reporting - apply business rules to data to migrate from source to target using ETL tools or scripting languages. Validate data to ensure quality. Collaborate with colleagues across the enterprise to scope requests. Extract data from various data sources, validate results, create relevant data visualizations, and share with requester. Develop dashboards and automate refreshes as appropriate.
- Governance / Best Practices - adhere and contribute to enterprise data governance standards. Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- KPI Development - Develop analytics that utilize data resources to provide actionable insights, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Technical Support - Work with stakeholders including client and internal company teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
As well as a competetive salary, the company will offer a pension contribution and a generous holiday allowance. This is a chance to working for a gorwing international leading provider of innovative technology services including design & development, data & cloud services.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.