Eden Brown Synergy are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the reablement team in Peterborough.
As an Occupational Therapist on the team you will provide assessment and provision of Occupational Therapy interventions for adults and older people undergoing a period of reablement to identify the reablement potential of the individual.
You will be working closely alongside other reablement staff identifying how Occupational Therapy interventions including equipment and minor housing adaptations can increase a person's independence, with the aim of achieving their agreed reablement goals.Some of your main responsibilities and duties will be:
- To have working knowledge of The Care Act 2014, Assistive technology, the social model of disability, moving and handling legislation and DFG referral criteria,
- To use communication, clinical reasoning and negotiation skills to establish a therapeutic relationship in all cases with a diversity of client needs, managing barriers to communication.
- To perform occupational analysis and risk evaluation to formulate appropriate interventions and goals to reduce the consequences of disability and deteriorating conditions and maximise the person's level of independence. To seek opinion from other relevant professionals to inform analysis and reasoning where appropriate to guide practice.
- To set functional reablement goals in collaboration with the client and where appropriate their family/carer respecting their diversity and cultural needs to increase independence in identified activities of daily living.
- To complete person centred assessments with the client and where appropriate their family/carer, using a strength based outcome focused approach for adults undergoing a period of reablement.
- To provide risk assessment for moving and handling situations for the reablement service.
- To provide help and advice to reablement clients, their family and other carers, demonstrating the use of equipment or moving and handling techniques to optimise the service users' functional ability and independence.
If you are interested in this position please contact Amy at Eden Brown Synergy and send your updated CV. You can call today on 0161 233 1600 or email
Don't forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a £200 referral bonus for Occupational Therapists. If this role isn't for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. £200 could be on it's way to you! Your expert recruitment consultant is Amy Heitzman.