Job Description Summary
Working in the Finance Data Management team within Finance Solutions, the candidate will help support and drive forward data led solutions for the Finance teams. The Senior Finance Systems Developer will typically have expert development skills and knowledge of ETL tools, preferably IBM ETL tools. They will provide visible development leadership on all areas of their own expertise, as required and act as an advocate for the services and value the Data Management team will provide in supporting business initiatives (both in Finance and on occasion externally). The candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and be willing to work with, assist and get involved in various aspects of Data Management as required. The candidate should also take personal accountability for their own workload and that of the team to ensure that Data Management team objectives are met and that customers experience and high-quality service and output.Job Description
Aegon is one of the world's leading providers of life insurance, pensions and asset management.
Our mission is to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security, and we're investing in innovation that can make people's finances work harder. From online technology that gives one-stop access to a universe of investment opportunity - to retirement products that make wealth planning simple, easy and fulfilling - we're dedicated to getting people closer to their financial goals every day.Summary of Department
The role of the Finance function is to drive value through modelling, reporting and analysis of our core financial metrics. As a result of Solvency II and the new IFRS 17 standards the data used by finance is a critical element of the process and needs to be handled professionally. As a result, the finance data warehouse is now a critical system that needs developed, maintained and validated on a regular basis.
Finance Data Management is accountable for the data warehouse and its operation. It develops and maintains a high-quality data resource that, through a chain of information and knowledge, supports the business goals of the organisation. This team drives and manages the data, ensuring design principles are embedded and that they are the single point of contact for projects and change. Finance Data Management is the business owner of the Finance Data Warehouse.
Finance Data Management is responsible for the design and automation of the core reporting that supports all financial reporting both internally (i.e. Boards) and externally (i.e. Statutory accounts & regulatory returns). It is subject to the Sarbanes Oxley framework and is expected to operate with a high level of professionalism. The function governs appropriate and controlled use of data, working with IT and the wider business to manage provenance data for the organisation.Key Tasks
Development of efficient, controlled and automated ETL solutions for the finance teams and for projects outside finance. Utilisation and optimisation of all software sets to deliver appropriate solutions for end users, and within the principles established by the Finance Systems Development Manager and Head of Finance Data Management. Continuous improvement of existing processes, including documentation and controls Risk Management through adherence to policies (IT security, End User Computing, Data Protection, GDPR). Plays a key role in supporting the Aegon software communities through the promotion and maintenance of our Business Intelligence and ETL software sets. Supports the Finance Systems Development Manager through understanding the processes and job streams within the remit of the team. Supports the Cognos Production Delivery Manager through prioritising automation and the customer / end user experience in all solutions developed or maintained by the Finance Data Management team. Where required assist team management by sizing development priorities and ensuring that adequate resources are available (and lead) to ensure delivery with area of expertise.Skills & Knowledge:
- Expert in the use of the IBM Infosphere Information server suite. Mainly Datastage.
- Strong development and implementation skills using IBM Datastage, Oracle SQL Developer.
- Strong data analysis and modelling experience using Cognos Analytics tools.
- Ability to analyse and translate business requirements into compelling technical solutions.
- Ability to manage both own and project build deliverables to required standards and deadlines.
- Proven ability in working within standard project management environments and controls and ensuring delivery to standards.
- Ability to own and produce quality design and project documentation over entire project lifecycle.
- Good prioritisation skills.
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage with and influence key stakeholders. Ability to act as an advocate for the use of BI/ DWH as a business enabler.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design, development and delivery.
- A sound knowledge of finance processes and controls.
- Working knowledge of other ETL/ Integration tools like Cognos DataManager, SAS (EG and DI) etc.
- At least 5 years' experience of working with IBM Datastage.
- Proven experience in creating business intelligence/ETL solutions.
- Experience in implementing standards and best practices within BI/DWH environments and teams.
- Experience in coaching others.
- Experience of working in financial services is desirable.
Evidence of professional development of software knowledge within area of expertise e.g. Cognos certificationSalary
Competitive salary dependent on experience in the region of £39,120 to £48,900.Benefits
In return, we can offer you career development and a range of financial services benefits including:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Non-contributory Pension between 8% and 12% dependent on age
- Flexible benefits including private health care, income protection and life assurance with additional voluntary benefits available
- Subsidised on-site restaurant including Subway and Costa (Edinburgh)
- Free on-site multi-story car park (Edinburgh)
- On-site gym facilities (Edinburgh)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91017824