- Role: Finance Assistant
- Type: Permanent
- Salary Range 25,000 negotiable
- Location: Magor South Wales
Cove are recruiting for a fantastic and dynamic client who are seeking to appoint a new Finance Assistant.
As the Finance Assistant you will primarily assist the Finance manager directly in all respective duties within the finance department. You will have previous experience of working within a busy finance department, this is a multi- faceted finance post where your knowledge will be essential.
This will be an exciting position where there will be scope for you to progress within the business, future development activities will see you assisting with month end accounting routines for the right person.
Include, but are not limited to
- Credit Control and Query Resolution
- Liaising with Site/Area Managers
- Processing Purchase Orders and Goods Receipting
- Processing Purchase Invoices
- Dealing with Purchase Invoice/Order queries both internally and externally
- Raising Sales Invoices
- Housekeeping and Maintenance of Sales and Purchase ledgers
- Month end payment runs and ad hoc payments
- Receipt Posting
- Assisting with weekly payroll
- At least 2 years' experience working in Finance
- IT Proficient - good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
- Knowledge of Sage 200 would be advantageous
- Experience of Credit Control and payroll
- Educated to degree level or similar discipline
- Previous experience working with multi companies and multi ledgers
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Comfortable with liaising with external contacts in a professional manner
- A team player with strong personal values, showing integrity and proactive work approach
- Good attention to detail
- Salary range is between £25,000 -negotiable per year with death in service benefit
- Hours Monday to Friday 8.30-17.00
- Holidays 28days inc bank increasing with longevity
For more information please contact a member of the team at Cove recruitment. Please apply with your most recent CV.