Robert Half are currently working with a National business based in Peterborough. We are looking for a Tax analyst who is open to working within tax and has good attention to detail.
The Corporate Tax Analyst plays a key part in the Tax Team at , making up a team of 5 individuals. The role reports directly into the Corporate Tax Manager.
- Collecting data to prepare the analysis for the corporation tax computations, including liaising with other departments, such as Corporate Reporting, Capex and Technology
- Analysing data sources to draft tax computations for around 50 UK and ROI companies, including fixed asset registers for additions and disposals and SAP data reports, for P&L analysis
- Using the data to prepare tax computations in Alphatax to a very high standard for management review, including balance sheet and P&L analysis
- Liaising with the Corporate Reporting Team during the statutory accounts process, ensuring the team are given the correct information for each company for the tax notes and tax disclosures using AlphaTax
- Follow up on queries with data from other teams, querying discrepancies to ensure the tax computations are accurat
- Support the Corporate Tax Manager with quarterly and yearly reporting, including the collection of source data and preparing a file for SOX purpose
- Take responsibility for corporate tax balance sheet reconciliations, preparing them monthly and submitting for manager review.
You will need;
- Actively studying AAT/ATT, with a desire to move onto the ACA/ACCA accounting qualification
- Currently working or has recently worked in a role in an accounting function, ideally for 2+ years
- A desire to build up a solid base of tax compliance and accounting skills
- Able to work on their own initiative with good interpersonal skills, as well as being able to take and understand instructions from management
Full training across all aspects of the role will be provided for the right candidate
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training .
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.