This role will involve working at a central client location in Luton, providing support to Desktop End User Support, telecoms experience and support, Windows Server and End User support, handling issues related to distributing services, security and performance of Microsoft Work stations.
The successful candidate will:
? Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure, Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
? Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
? Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
? Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
? Provide 1st and some 2nd level support
? Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Candidate Profile Skills and Experience
- with 1 to 3 years of experience in end user computing application and technologies
This is an excellent opportunity to join ManpowerGroup supporting a leading IT manufacturer.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a background in the service of the following equipment profiles, either gained within a customer facing / field based environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 and subsequent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and later
- Knowledge of issues related to Microsoft technology environments complex
- Knowledge of the main technologies of the telecommunications sector
- Ability to perform independently the role of Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for issues and problems of TLC
- Deep expertise in operational management of software products related to the environment and to the Microsoft technology
- Expertise in handling issues related to distributing services, security and performance of Microsoft Work stations
* Extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems (OS -Windows 7/10) and network connectivity.
* Expert technology problem solver. Identifying issues, repairing problems, helping users, updating systems, installing new hardware and software, troubleshooting computers and basic networks, documenting systems, and supporting the IT department.
* Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. In addition, need a strong technical understanding of the hardware, software and networking systems being supported.
* Knowledge on Linux and MAC OS setup on desktop computers
o Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve the tickets which required onsite support
o Coordinate within Vendor and Level 3 support team, Level 2 Backline and Service Desk teams for ticket resolution
o Schedule Supported Device installation, Software and Hardware activity with End User at their convenience in order to minimize disruption
o Manage any end-user service requests (e.g. desktop, mobile) which require local interaction
o Support all end users devices & their accessories (not limited to Desktop / Laptops, Mac, Telephones, Smartphones, Tablets, Video-conferencing systems, printers, printer consumables)
o Collect hardware as part of user's leavers process
* Asset Management:
o Maintain asset register including hardware and software
o Alert Customer in case of licensing issue (Software)
o Manage non-standard intervention / software installation
o PC and other devices logistics Management
* Software IMAC and configuration:
o Resolve break-fix incidents, either by own intervention or requesting and coordinating technical service by OEM vendor
o Perform Soft IMAC, Image loading where this cannot be executed remotely
o Bios, Drivers, Software deployment on end user devices
o Deployment of mobile apps
* Hands and feet support on all devices
* Offsite Backup and tapes management
* Maintenance Activity / logistics support in coordination with Third Parties.
* Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
* Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
* Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
* Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support team
* Provide accurate information on IT products or services
* Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
* Follow-up and update customer status and information
* Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
* Be responsible for new starter setup and repossession of leavers equipment,
* New User On boarding - present IT and provide new user IT inductions,
* Manage relationships with vendors and ensure high-availability of business-critical IT systems,
o A strong customer service focus (High Level of customer interaction and engagement)
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal),
o Comfortable working both autonomously or as part of a team.
o Ability to work under pressure
o Negotiation skills
o Be able to provide VIP support and appreciate the difference between standard user and heightened IT Support.