Early Years Teaching Assistant- Cardiff Position Start Date:
November 2020 Position Type:
Early Years Teaching Assistant Employment Type:
Mon-Fri 8:30am -3.30pmQualification Required:
Childcare qualification is desirable We are seeking to appoint a friendly, enthusiastic and reliable Early Years Teaching Assistant for children age 3-7 years on a full time basis starting in November 2020.
The role will require you to work closely with teaching staff in the classroom to ensure that the children's needs are met. The successful candidate will enjoy working with children and being part of a team in a busy and fast paced setting. The successful Early Years teaching assistant will contribute to lesson plans and be enthusiastic to develop and support children's learning. The candidate will be an exemplary role model, have a knowledge of the EYFS and support the class teacher and other teaching assistants. They will be both vigilant and responsive to the needs of pupils at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- be a dedicated and exemplary role model
- have a firm understanding of the EYFS Framework
- respond to the needs of the children through a positive approach to discipline
- have the ability to relate well to pupils, parents, staff and external agencies
- be willing to engage in CPD training held in house and externally
- be passionate about furthering the aims and objectives of the school
- have a positive attitude and respectful manner
- Experience of working in this role
Supporting pupils both indoors and outdoors; supporting lunchtimes as necessary, maintaining a clean tidy and organized environment; assisting with setting up and packing away; ensuring resources are cleaned and ready for the next session, providing care; ensuring meaningful and positive interactions with children; facilitating rich and stimulating child centred learning and play.
Please get in touch if you would like more information on 02920100525 or email