Eden Scott are delighted to be working on a retained basis with a growing technology business in Aberdeen. This exciting start up business is transforming maintenance strategies within oil analysis from preventative to predictive maintenance. Their 'lab-on-a-chip' technology delivers oil analysis 1000x faster and 10x cheaper than the current approach of sending samples to laboratories.
As the business continues to grow, there is now a requirement for an experienced Operations Manager to join the business as they look to advance their product to manufacturing stage.
Reporting into the CEO, the immediate goal is to steer the company in the optimal strategic direction to seamlessly transition from proof-of-principle technology development to a structured, medium volume manufacturing environment.
Main accountabilities include:
- Working as part of the management team to influence, implement and execute management strategy for:
- The R&D of new products
- Transitioning products into manufacture
- Sales & Marketing
- Delivery and support of new products to customers
- Identifying operational activities and establishing policies and procedures to manage and execute these activities
- Setting performance standards and oversee employee productivity
- Leading the process of acquiring relevant certifications for product safety (e.g. CE / UKCA / etc.) and quality management (ISO9001, 14001, 27001, etc.)
- Leading the move to a manufacturing facility, strategy dependant
- Selecting and managing contract manufacturers, strategy dependant
Experience wise, candidates will ideally be degree qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering / Science) and have a proven background within operational management with previous exposure to production, manufacturing, and product delivery activities. Further experience required includes:
- Understanding of techniques for planning daily output targets to meet operational plans
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of obtaining relevant product certifications to applicable IEC standards
- Demonstrable experience of supply chain management
- A track record of building multidisciplinary teams
- An understanding of production planning and strategy development
- An ability to develop, implement and review policies and procedures
- Demonstrable experience of production and manufacturing management
In return you can expect a competitive compensation package, including equity.
This is an exciting opportunity within a growing start up business where the right candidate will have the opportunity to progress to Operations Director.
Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now.All 3rd party, direct or speculative CV's will be forwarded to Eden Scott.