Robert Walters: Head of Finance - Social Care Organisation
I am currently recruiting for a Head of Finance
, on a permanent basis
within the South Birmingham
for one of the largest Adult Social Care organisation who are undergoing a post Covid transformational recovery process. This role will be focus on driving delivery and performance, with a customer shaped focus, designing the financial strategy to shape the future of the service. The salary for this position is negotiable depending on experience.
Please note: It is essential that the ideal candidate is ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA qualified
Salary: Negotiable depending on experienceEssential Sector Experience of the Head of Finance:
Care/Social Care or Highly Regulated Charity/Not-For-Profit, Local or Central Government, Education or Housing
Requirements of the Head of Finance:
- Play a significant role, leading financial strategy for the portfolio and ensuring exemplary decision making and financial planning in the medium to long term
- As a strategic leader you will have the ability to build strong internal and external working relationships, influencing other senior leaders
- Driving strategic financial planning and direction in the Adults functional leadership team will maximize opportunities for insight and innovative solutions
- Accountable for the development of financial strategy for Adult Social Care, providing intelligence and insight on the likely financial consequences and highlighting risks on commercial decision making.
- Accountable for determining key financial information regarding existing commercial and income generating operations
- Leading commercial insight which enables the business to make 'stop, grow, enter' decisions relating to asset sweating, income and profit generation
- Accountable for providing insight which enables functions to ensure payment of income. Actively leading and managing the optimisation of income recovery and creative ways to test 'means to pay'
- Work collaboratively with Directors in commercial negotiations to achieve the best possible value for money outcomes
- Responsible for driving cost reduction plans to meet strategic objectives
- As a financial expert influence corporate management board and elected members on financial plans, monitoring performance and determining financial risks
- Accountable for sector wide finance collaboration, building networks to make the local authority a leading edge organisation for financial policy and practices
- Ensure all areas of financial risk to the service delivery are adequately identified, quantified and reported and take steps to mitigate these
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, then please forward your CV and availability to .