Here at HM Land Registry we have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager to join our team based in Plymouth. Joining on a Full-time, Job share or Part-time basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £52,146 per annum.
Due to Covid-19, the role will initially be home based so an induction and training will be carried out remotely, with full support from the team. Once safe to do so, your home office will be located in the vibrant waterfront city of Plymouth.
About our Infrastructure Manager role:
It is an exciting time for HM Land Registry as we continue to embark on a major transformation programme. HMLR's ambition is to become the world's leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data. You will join our award-winning Digital, Data and Technology Directorate which is the in-house IT division at the heart of the move to a digital, data-driven organisation with the ambition to provide our customers with cutting-edge digital services. HM Land Registry's existing software systems and services form part of the critical national infrastructure, safeguarding land and property ownership valued at £7 trillion. This enables over £1 trillion worth of personal and commercial lending to be secured against property across England and Wales.
We are now looking for an experienced Infrastructure Manager to join our Digital, Data and Technology team to help us to achieve this.
The IT Operations Practice sits within the Digital, Data and Technology directorate and is responsible for the performance and delivery of all technical infrastructure which underpins and supports the organisation.
Responsibilities of our Infrastructure Manager include:
- Working with the existing Infrastructure Manager and Lead Infrastructure Engineers, to direct and develop specialist operational teams carrying out a variety of operational functions.
- Working with the Lead Infrastructure Engineers and Team Leads to develop strategic and tactical roadmaps for all operational infrastructure and technologies to provide assurance that our platforms and services are maintained and secure.
- Contributing to capability and capacity planning within the Operations Practice to meet the organisations requirements and will help ensure people in IT operations roles have the appropriate skills, capability and support to be effective in their role as well as access to learning and development to help them progress.
What we're looking for in our Infrastructure Manager:
- Proven practical experience in an IT Infrastructure technical specialism and extensive Infrastructure Management experience gained within a multi-disciplinary team in an agile organisation.
Good commercial awareness and experience of leading commercial negotiations and related supplier management and experience of effective budget management. Your experience of leading and managing teams along with your strong leadership skills demonstrates your ability to lead and manage people through change.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to interact and build working relationships with IT technicians, managers, customers and other stakeholders is essential.
Benefits of becoming our Infrastructure Manager:
We offer very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements and generous leave allowances, as well as flexible/remote working - exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
It is a great place to work, where difference is celebrated and we're committed to fairness and equality for all, so you feel valued for who you are and what you do. Diversity fuels our innovation. Our shared values help us work together, to benefit the communities we serve. Our employee diversity networks support our culture of inclusion and contribute to our diversity action plan.
To continue your application for our Infrastructure Manager role, please click 'Apply' now.
Closing Date: 11:55 pm on Monday 26th October 2020