Principal RF EngineerSalary up to £70,000 plus benefitsJob Description
Our client work on next-generation military satellite systems and cutting-edge technology for the military and commercial satellite communications sectors. Our team is helping our client design the next generation of military Land and Maritime terminals and managing the integration of these systems on platforms for use in the most challenging of environments.
Due to expansion, our client is seeking a Principal RF Engineer who will support the military and governmental sectors, providing technical and procurement advice on the latest terminal offerings from both the military and commercial sat-com markets.Key Responsibilities
Skills, Character, and Experience
- Technical lead on key projects.
- Develop and maintain system link designs.
- Undertake the top-level design of communications systems.
- Carry out the modelling and simulation of communications systems.
- Technical lead and overseeing of system, hardware and software design and development activities
- Oversee the design and layout of communications hardware.
- Oversee procurement and sub-contract of design and manufacture of systems and sub-systems.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate standards and regulations.
- Constructively contribute to, and otherwise support, the development of other associated elements and activities.
- Attend and contribute to project meetings.
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise, and unambiguous documentation conforming to applicable technical and quality standards
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with the ability to produce and present clear, concise, and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients
- Strong academic background with a Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications).
- Good knowledge of satellite communications systems design
- Experience of ground terminal design, development, and test
- Sound understanding of digital modulation techniques
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Good understanding of access technologies and signaling protocols
- Experience of RF circuits, RF systems design, and test
- Experience of antenna design and propagation
- Detailed understanding of communications link budget analysis and design
- Signal processing knowledge and DSP experience
- Knowledge of FPGA programming
- RF Interference analysis and management
- General systems engineering knowledge and experience
- Satellite payload design, including digital payload and signal processing
- Experience with specialized analysis, simulation, and design tools.
- Familiarity with ECSS standards and processes.
Please apply or contact TEC Partners directly on 01603 629 499 for more information and other RF Engineer roles in Hitchin, Hertfordshire similar to this.