A Permanent Procurement Category Manager Job in Leicester Paying up to £39,500 - Public Sector Organisation Your new company
You will be working for a specialist procurement organisation leading the way in the public sector, establishing billion pound procurement solutions, and saving millions of pounds for the public sector They have been externally recognised with a number of awards from their procurement work and the savings they achieve.Your new role
This is a crucial role in the organisation, and gives the successful applicant the opportunity to really make a difference across the Public Sector.
Key responsibilities of the Category Manager:
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage framework agreements
- Create strategies for the development of the category, and manage with the implementation of a range of products and services
- Manage procurement projects from initial idea through to award and ongoing contract management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Take responsibility for the day-to day supervision of a small team of procurement staff to ensure procurement projects are delivered on time and to plan
- Ensure compliance with the overall procurement strategy, financial regulations, and UK/EU law.
What you'll get in return
- Have previous Public Sector procurement experience
- Ideally be qualified to CIPS/MCIPS - although training can be provided
- Have substantial knowledge and experience of procurement policy and practice, including relevant legislation (OJEU, PCR2015, etc)
- Have proven experience in managing a competitive tendering process
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Access to a contributory pension scheme
- Continued professional training and development
- Free parking
- Flexible homeworking
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.