Job Title: Lending Manager - Property FinanceLocation: Central LondonAbout the Company:
Founded nearly 40 years ago, our client specialises in fast short-term property finance. Around 70% of their business comes from repeat borrowers who appreciate the fast, professional and friendly service. They like the fact that they deal with someone senior who understands their needs and the challenges they face, and who can make a decision quickly.
Our client is a wholly owned division of a 140+ year old UK banking group who provide lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading who are principally based in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.About the Role:
The Lending Manager is responsible for initiating and arranging property lending opportunities in the residential and commercial property markets while utilising the firms main lending products. The Lending Manager will be responsible for preparing and checking facility letters; instructing the bank's panel law firms; advising on the interpretation of loan agreements and security documentation and actively managing property finance transactions ensuring that all conditions are satisfied throughout the life cycle of the loan.Key Responsibilities:
About youSkills & Experience:
- Originate, assess risk and price appropriate lending opportunities.
- Write up relevant credit applications and present transactions to bank's credit committee for credit approval.
- Issue facility letters and documentation in line with the heads of terms, ensuring appropriate conditions precedent are documented.
- Manage deals through to draw down including all future drawdowns ensuring all conditions continue to be met.
- Deal with day-to-day client queries.
- Monitor accounts for excesses.
- As directed provide general assistance to Directors or Senior Lending Managers
Education & Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of loan agreements and security documentation to include legal charges, debentures and guarantees.
- Understanding of property finance transactions relating to commercial and residential investment and development finance.
- Ideal working knowledge of legal and regulatory matters which affect the lending environment.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Essential: Grade B or above at Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Desirable: Degree educated or equivalent
Our client recognises the value of a work life balance, and have put together a benefits package that reflects this.
- Competitive basic salary
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension - Group Stakeholder Pension Plan 5.3% employee and 10% employer contribution
- Life assurance - 4 times annual salary
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Annual Leave - minimum of 25 days as standard with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days' additional annual leave every March
- Plus further benefits including competitive family friendly offering, information available upon request