Designer - Creative Services
Poole, Dorset, UK
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We're looking for a Designer to join our creative team. The Creative Services Team acts as an internal agency supporting the RNLI by answering marketing briefs that range from producing appeal campaigns that raise vital funds to national campaigns to promote water safety. Our output is multi-channel; we produce content for print, digital, email, radio, film and social.
Some of the benefits
- Salary £30,978 - £35,446 (dependant on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
- Your Role
As a Designer you will be tasked to focus on the following areas:
- Working with the Creative Brand Manager and Design Manager to respond to briefs using a variety of creative conceptual development methodologies.
- Lead or participate in brainstorming sessions, including, scamping ideas, conceptualising ideas, creative direction, presenting back to the account management or the client.
- To ensure that marketing projects are executed in line with the marketing strategy
- To be a brand champion and provide an advice service on the correct use of the RNLI corporate identity
You'll have exceptional conceptual development experience and will have experience of working on charity appeals and communications. You will have substantial experience of working as a designer in a creative studio environment, designing printed and digital communications.
To be considered as a Designer you will need:
- A degree or equivalent in graphic design or a related subject
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications. Video editing and AfterEffects desirable
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
As a Designer your portfolio should reflect your creative and design capability and demonstrable experience. The types of project size you've worked on, your knowledge of emerging trends and the fundamentals of graphic design are key.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Other organisations may call this role Creative Designer, Creative Services Designer, or In-house Designer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency