A thriving, medium-sized North East organisation is looking to appoint a Financial Controller - initially on a 4 month contract with a view to go permanent.
You will support the FD by managing the finance function (10 heads) from payroll to accountants. Your main duties will be to ensure an effective and efficient finance team, inspiring the team to be the best it can be. This is a pivotal role for the business as it continues to grow.
- Oversee internal controls at sites, as well as the work of the central finance function
- Approval of payroll, payment runs, etc
- Looking for efficiencies within the business (staff rotas, supplier pricing etc)
- Strong management/leadership experience within a finance function - essential
- Financial controller level experience - advantageous