Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
As an Escalation Manager you will be part of a team of escalation managers within our Customer Success organisation whose goal is to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty whilst mitigating risk to our business.
Your main role will be handling serious customer complaints - cases. You will be comfortable with communicating and negotiating with customers at a senior level and co-ordinating our internal resources to reach resolution.
You will need to gain an understanding of the software solutions that we offer in order that you can engage with customers and internal staff in a meaningful way. You will need to assess the demands of customers and also the commercial impact on our business. You will aim to deliver a solution that meets both needs and ideally moves the customer from a complainant to an advocate.
Typically, you will have a caseload of between 20 - 25 cases plus you'll have interaction with colleagues and staff giving guidance on other cases.
Although the role is primarily office-based, remote working is possible. There may be a requirement to travel to other Access offices and occasionally to customer sites.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Analysing situations and positions for the correct contractual position.
• Providing legal advice to steer responses to complaints from customers and escalations from within the business
• Providing legal advice to the business and responding to customer queries and complaints by email, letter, and by telephone in accordance with the advice and position of the business
• Planning and agreeing the resolution of contractual disputes issues. This involves providing legal advice to the team and / or co-ordinating resources across the business.
• Triaging cases in order to identify those that do not raise legal issues or can be dealt with elsewhere in the business
• Engaging with customers to ascertain the substance of their complaint legally, agreeing and documenting them
• Scheduling and monitoring agreed activities and providing updates to the customer
• Liaising with colleagues and managers within Access to agree a strategy and approach
• Providing (with the team) analysis of cases, root cause, and trends for reporting to the Access Board
• Liaising closely with, Account Managers, Marketing, Developers, Product Managers, Admin, Consulting and Support staff
• Advising colleagues within the business on how to deal with complaints and mitigate risk
• And any other reasonable duties as determined by the Company
As a well-rounded Escalation Manager your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to practically demonstrate evidential examples of how you have owned and managed issues or projects
• The confidence to analyse legal issues and then engage with customers at senior level
• The ability to maintain professional and calm under pressure which will enable you to resolve the issue and exceed the customer's expectations, whilst retaining a commercial awareness.
• Good IT literacy with the ability to work with a range of internal systems
• The ability to learn and understand business processes and to relate that to the implemented Access Solution
• Good organisational skills
• Ideally you would also have knowledge of contractual terms and a track history of dealing with customer service issues
The role can be based either at our offices in
Loughborough, near Derby
Stratford St Mary, near Colchester, Essex
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain