To ensure that the financial accounts of the assigned sites and SBA's are produced impartially on a timely, accurate, and efficient basis and that all necessary procedural controls and policies are duly implemented and observed. Provide overall financial support to the Canning Leadership Team of the assigned sites, and to provide guidance and support to the Site Senior Operation Accountants. All consolidation and sector reporting to be completed in a timely and accurate basis ensuring all major variances are fully analysed and explained.
This role acts as a central support to all manufacturing sites on financial technical matters and assists in absence cover for the site Senior Operations Accountants due to specialist nature, and knowledge of the other Foods sites.
The role also provides all Capex processing & review, and all Operational ad hoc requests to be handled by this role.
The role acts as deputy for the Financial Controller with all manufacturing matters and is required to represent the Financial Controller when absent.
Responsible for the financial reporting of 2 manufacturing sites (Long Sutton and Wisbech), with a combined turnover of £312m, plus full consolidation and reporting of 2 food manufacturing sites and traded entities combined turnover £500m.
* 2 Direct Reports
* 0 Indirect Reports
* 2 Manufacturing sites
1. Management of monthly management and financial accounts in accordance with prescribed formats, timescales and procedures.
2. Management and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts at prescribed frequencies
3. Provision and review of KPI's for the factories
4. Attendance and presentation of financial information at business development meetings relating to manufacturing sites and sector where appropriate
5. Investigation of significant items of cost, variance or over-spend with operational management
6. Liaison with internal and external audit personnel to ensure adherence to internal controls
7. Reduction of lead-times for the production of management accounts via an ongoing plan of process improvement.
8. Provision of financial data and analysis to operational management, Finance Managers, Commercial or Group Finance as required
9. Completion of the quarterly audit packs and Tokyo reports
10. Providing financial support to the canning leadership team in order to create financial awareness and drive out cost.
11. Full consolidation of the Foods sector accounts packs and schedules
12. Produce all Capex appraisals in a timely and accurate manner
13. Deputise for Financial Controller involving KPI reporting and Foods sector queries for group supply leadership.
Manufacturing experience within a FMCG business
Exposure to a multisite environment
Good excel knowledge
Highly proficient with systems, particularly SAP
Able to work to tight deadlines
Demonstrate the ability to communicate with finance and non-finance managers up to Director level.
Advanced problem solving skills
Attention to detail
Able to lead and develop a team