£21,000 We have a great opportunity for a Legal Cashier to join one of the largest law firms in South East Kent.
Do you have recent accounts experience within the Legal industry?
Are you looking for your next career opportunity within a well-known law firm?
If so, this may be the ideal role for you.As the Legal Cashier, your key duties will include:
- Printing and sorting transaction instructions sent to the accounts department
- Accurately inputting all client/office credits, debits, and transfers, with occasional nominal posting
- Handling all property transactions - checking completion statements
- Assisting Accounts Manager in weekly Cashiers' report to ensure all transfers are made within limit.
- Processing Petty Cash reconciliations for all branches
- Assist with maintaining Bankline CHAPS/Faster Payments templates for all regular payees, adding and removing as necessary.
- To take Visa/Mastercard payments over the telephone and produce receipts for both fee earners and clients.
- Respond to queries from fee earners and secretaries; providing support and training as required
- Produce cheques and sort for second signature where necessary and send to correct branch
- Annual archiving of accounts records and update of manual records
- Process purchase ledger postings
- Assist the Finance Manager with month/year end queries as required
- To complete such tasks as required to support the Accounts Department, including filing, photocopying, and other general office duties
About Morgan Jones:
- Due to the nature of the role, it is essential you have relevant recent accounts experience gained from within the legal industry
- Well versed in conveyancing protocols and the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Institute of Legal Cashiers Diploma would be an advantage
- Possess excellent communication and organisation skills
Thisrole is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment Consultants. We havebeen established as a quality recruitment business for over 17 yearswith a reputation for fair and equal representation.
Toview other great opportunities please check out our website or call uson 0808 168 1474 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Dueto the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can onlyreply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If youhave not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, pleaseassume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.