Everyday people are working to make us safe - behind those people is Ultra!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Domain Expert (In-Service Support), to join our team.
We will challenge and support you in equal measure to nurture your potential as an engineer and will support you in working towards the requirements of Chartership with your chosen institution.
Key responsibilities as a Domain Expert (In-Service Support)
Working as a key, senior, member of a customer facing team that supports our sonar systems and other defence equipment In-Service, your responsibilities will include:
* Leading the delivery of our In-Service obligations across a portfolio of major sonar equipment, working closely with the Project Manager, System Design Authority and our customers and users
* Providing a proactive response to emerging technical issues, including customer fault reports and technical queries
* Leading the engineering team to develop solutions that are technically and commercially acceptable
* Defining the strategy for tools and equipment required within the In-Service Support domain
* Monitoring system performance, conducting root cause analysis of faults and seeking opportunities to improve the in-service delivery performance of our products
* Defining and leading the implementation of programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance
* Ensuring that customer equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service and acting as a design assurance authority for a range of projects
* Coordinating and cooperating with the field support team to conduct equipment surveys, integration, and acceptance testing
* Implementing change requests to documentation
* Contribute to the definition of the long term strategy for In-Service Support including investment strategy, availability-as-a-service and implementation of best practices.
* Highlighting resource conflict or constraints to engineering management
* Producing estimates for new engineering work (e.g. redesign) and planning the work
* Instilling Engineering best practices and processes to enhance engineering excellence and promote continuous improvement.
* Implementing the obsolescence strategy for a product line.
Skills, Qualification and Experience as a Domain Expert (In-Service Support)
A dynamic, professional, engineer with experience within a high technology or regulated industry, you will have:
* A Bachelor's or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline or have equivalent experience.
* Significant experience leading and working hands-on during the Integration, Test and In-Service phases of the lifecycle.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills communicating complex topics to internal and external stakeholders/customers/suppliers, including explaining highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated the ability to plan and execute support tasks on complex projects.
* Multiple examples of times when you have worked under tight time constraints, in challenging contexts.
* Have a strong understanding of engineering project management principles (e.g. work package, dependency and risk management). A project management qualification (PFQ/PMQ/MSP etc.) would be a bonus.
* Have a background working with equipment in a highly regulated environment in a leadership role. Experience of the maritime domain and underwater warfare would be a bonus.
A detail-oriented problem solver, with a passion for supporting the customer, you will:
* Display excellent interpersonal skills with a talent for rapidly building rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers from diverse backgrounds.
* Exhibit exceptional mentoring and leadership skills
* Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work and technical decisions, as well as that of other staff working for you on a project/work package.
* Have the willingness to mentor, motivate and encourage junior members of the team, to allow their own competency level to improve.
* Demonstrate excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail
* Possess a full driving licence. This role is office based with occasional travel across Ultra sites and to customer and supplier locations.
Empowering you to reach your full potential
We trust and empower each other, we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we're never satisfied until we've done what we said we'd do
Applicants will be required to meet SC Level of Security Clearance
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now