An exciting opportunity to join a growing medical company working across the South East
As the CT Engineer you work as part of a dedicated UK engineering team currently maintaining Linac's. Key to the role will be providing breakdown, maintenance and repair services to Siemens Computer Tomography equipment with a view to covering other manufacturers of CT's in the future.Key areas for the role:
- Provide consultative and collaborative services to Clinical Leaders, Physics team by analysing changing technical requirements, clinical needs, processes, and procedures for the development of maintenance programs and policies.
- Be acutely aware of and adhere to all defined clinical workflows and make recommendations on workflows as needed.
- Provide techno/functional assistance to Radiotherapist and Medical Physicist.
As the CT Engineer, you report directly to the Head of Engineering - Europe.
Reporting lines and direct reports may change from time to time in line with the requirements of the role.Your key responsibilities:
- Independently perform routine troubleshooting and repairs on the designated modality with high percentage first time fix/diagnose success rate.
- Perform routine calibrations and preventative maintenance on their designated modality and secondary modality.
- Co-ordinate Planned Maintenance.
- Independently working on Siemens CT equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on CT equipment.
- Work on Varian or Elekta Linear accelerators (following training if required)
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A),
- Work safely on full range of products including medical devices producing high and low energy ionizing radiation.
- Read, analyse, interpret and follow signal flow on schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Submit timely and accurately; service reports, timesheets, expense reports, TLD badges and other paperwork as assigned.
- Parts inventory management.
- Maintain all company equipment, including company computer, parts, and tools.
- Assist in coaching other members in the department within a specialist field
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of products used in the service department and provide training to other staff if necessary
- Assist in producing technical documents for employees to assist in 1st line support
Experience and skills:
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Suitably experienced Siemens CT engineer.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Minimum 3+ years of recent experience with CT equipment in a service environment.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
An accredited qualification in electronics or relevant field experience.
Basic knowledge of all types of CT operations.Other requirements for this role:
- Be required to travel to local and regional sites to perform necessary duties.
- Provide ongoing preventative maintenance and quality assurance testing.
- Provide remote and on-site engineering support.
- Provide afterhours support services. (when needed)
- Maintain spare parts repository and documentation.
- Maintain Service request database and records.
- Undertake ongoing training which may include national and/or International travel.
Competitive basic salary
Free radiotherapy treatment for close family
Death in service
Private medical and dental insurance
25 days annual leave with options to buy and sell