We are working with a SEND school near Bath, and they are currently seeking Teaching Assistants to work with young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. The school is a Specialist provision catering for pupils with BESD and Attachment Disorders. They require Teaching Assistants with experience of supporting children and young adults with challenging behaviour and emotional difficulties. The experience of working with people from similar background or challenges is highly desirable.
The positions are part-time 3-4 days a week to start with, and will gradually increase depending on the development of the pupil learning and behaviour.
Previous experience of working with young people with BESD is essential. It will be expected that candidates will have good communication skills and appropriate qualifications to be able to meet these high standards.
-Experience with supporting young people with EBD in the past
-Behaviour management Training or experience
-Special Educational Needs Experience in a care or school setting
-Understanding and experience of supporting/teaching young people with attachment disorder and challenging behaviour
-Training in Learning Support.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position. Or for more information about the role, contact Ross Churn on (phone number removed) / (url removed).
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn vouchers.
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
* Have experience in SEN settings.
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you'll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer