Full-time SEN Teaching Assistant job in Central Bristol. Supporting with Downs Syndrome on a 1:1 basis. Your new company
A primary school in Central Bristol is currently recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible until the end of the academic year. If successful, you will be joining a school with an excellent academic reputation that is well known throughout Bristol. The school focuses on the development and educational progression of each of their pupils, to ensure they receive the best support possible. This school is a large, happy and vibrant 3 form entry primary school within a diverse community.Your new role
You will be supporting a pupil on a 1:1 basis in Reception with Downs Syndrome. You will be expected to use a variety of learning techniques to ensure engagement and progression of the pupils. This is a challenging yet rewarding role and will provide you with the chance to work alongside a great team of teachers, who will support you throughout your time there.What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Is able to follow EHCPs Has good literacy and numeracy skills
- Has previous experience of supporting children with SEND attachment needs
- Is able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated and work well on their own and in a team
- Has a good understanding of safeguarding children in school
- Holds a Teaching Assistant qualification
- Makaton experience
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- Friendly and supportive staff, parent and governors
- An exciting and vibrant learning environment
- You will be paid a competitive day rate
- You will receive the benefits of working with your own personal teaching assistant consultant who specialises in the Bristol area.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.