Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: £35 - 40k, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Spherea UK, part of the Spherea Group of Companies is a cross-industry provider of complex test systems; providing solutions to the major Aerospace, Defence & Space Primes (Tier1) as well as the platform manufacturers and defence contractors.
Our mission is to test the world and enable our clients to validate their new products & technologies and commercialise them more quickly and more cost-effectively. With an outstanding pedigree and test in our DNA we are involved in an unlimited field of applications and industries that can range from commercial aircrafts, light armoured military vehicles, helicopters, battle tanks, space platforms, nuclear power stations control systems and even complete metro systems. Whether our customers are at the qualification, production or maintenance stages we deliver the right solution to meet the requirements of their ambitious programmes.
Spherea has headquarters in Bournemouth (UK), Toulouse & Elancourt (France), Ulm (Germany) and USA (Miami) that are working very closely to maximise value creation to our customers worldwide.
Spherea UK has entered an exciting growth phase and is seeking an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the team and grow alongside the organisation.
Software Engineer - The Role:
The role is to be a Software Engineer to develop software applications and components for Windows and embedded application.
The candidate will ensure the projects/applications can be tested and delivered on time and in an expedient manner, co-ordinating with specialist engineering functions as required.
Missions & Responsibilities:
• Write and control suitable software applications for use in electronics & electro-mechanical equipment
• Develop applications that test and control hardware using software, and appropriate tools
• Use appropriate software packages create documents, including test reports, letter reports, compliance documentation, and designs
• Work with the customer to offer suitable solutions based on their requirements
• To organise and ensure all timescales are met
• To undertake and advise at customer meetings both on and off site
• To liaise with suppliers to ensure ability to delivery projects to customers within specified timeframes
• To undertake financial and time saving measures through suppliers, processes and client consolations
• To review, digest and output structural analysis on created components.
Software Engineer - Key Skills:
• The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant engineering discipline (electronics/software engineering)
• Expertise in one of the following would: C, C++, LabVIEW, Python
• Previous experience in a similar engineering role with an advanced manufacturing company would be a distinct advantage
• Familiarity with the traditional V model and Agile development cycles
Software Engineer - Benefits:
• We have a great benefits package; on top of a competitive salary
• Generous Pension Scheme (4% EE & 8% ER)
• Full Family Healthcare Plan
• Family Cash Plan
• 27 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
• The ability to do Homeworking (after a qualifying period)
If you would like to be part of this professional, friendly company click on 'APPLY' today and send an up to date copy of your CVand cover letter for our consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please