Rent Collection & Debt Recovery Income Accounting Manager
who has experience of line managing and developing staff, and of debt recovery in a housing (or similar) environment is required for a well-established Housing organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.SALARY:
£32,234 - £36,922 per annum + Excellent Benefits (Free Parking, Generous Holiday Allowance, Superb Pension Scheme)LOCATION:
Poole, Dorset, South West EnglandJOB TYPE:
Full-Time, 12 Month Fixed Term ContractAPPLICATION PROCESS:
Candidates will be required to complete an online application form
and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.JOB OVERVIEW
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Rent Collection & Debt Recovery Income Accounting Manager who has experience of line managing and developing staff, and of debt recovery in a housing (or similar) environment.
Working as the Rent Collection & Debt Recovery Income Accounting Manager you will manage the Income and Property team, responsible for the recovery of rent, repairs recharges and service charges, to ensure the team objective of achieving the highest standards of rent and income are achieved.
Reporting to the Head of Income and Leasehold, as the Rent Collection & Debt Recovery Income Accounting Manager, you will have the ability to manage, motivate staff and monitor performance to promote a proactive and innovative approach to income maximisation, with an emphasis on prevention of arrears, avoidance of debt, and keeping residents in their homes.
You will have experience of preparing and presenting legal action in Court, budget management and service level agreement negotiation. You will be highly customer focused, have excellent leadership skills with the ability to prioritise a varied and pressurised workload effectively and to work collaboratively within the team, with the wider organisation and with other stakeholders.
In return, the organisation will give you a rewarding job, a fantastic working environment in a lovely location, great colleagues and excellent benefits including free parking, a generous holiday allowance and a superb pension scheme.APPLY TODAY
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.DUTIES
Your duties as the Rent Collection & Debt Recovery Income Accounting Manager include:
- Manage the Income team, setting individual targets and monitoring performance
- Employee development reviews and annual appraisals
- Arrange regular staff training and coaching sessions and assist with induction programmes
- Ensure that the organisation continues to have the highest rent collection rate possible
- Improve collection rates for other types of income
- Prepare Performance reports to the management team and Board
- Regular liaison with outside organisations
- Liaise with the Head of Maintenance and the Voids Officer regarding repairs recharges, ensuring consistency of approach regarding the levying of charges
- To support the Head of Income and Leasehold with carrying out the processes needed to increase rents and service charge levels at the appropriate times, and to work with the IT Systems team to issue all notifications to residents in a timely and proper manner
- Attend IT User Group as a representative in order to resolve any software bugs and to continually improve the IT system
- Develop excellent processes and procedures, in conjunction with Policy Officers, with the aim of preventing arrears and maximising residents' income
- Attend Court for possession proceedings, or debt recovery, as and when required
- Ensure that service standards are clear, measurable, accountable and responsive to the needs of the customer
- Reply to more complex correspondence or investigating complaints about service delivery
- Debt recovery experience in a Housing (or similar) environment
- Preparing and presenting legal action in Court
- Managing budgets and negotiating service level agreements
- Staff management and performance development
- Good leadership skills including setting performance targets, closely monitoring outputs and providing coaching and training
- Excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to manage a changing workload effectively under pressure and to deadline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good assertiveness and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- ICT literate - Microsoft (or similar) packages for WORD, EXCEL
- Some experience of use of Housing Management systems would be desirable
- A knowledge of welfare benefits
- Knowledge of leasehold law
HOW TO APPLY
- Current full driving licence and use of vehicle for work
Once you've applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form
and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5779
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency