Success Recruit are currently working with a growing Construction Company in Central Essex who are recruiting a newly created position for a Supply Chain Procurement Manager to join their purchasing and bid department and support at a strategic level with continued growth for the business.
The successful supply chain procurement manager will be confident in reviewing and implementing new structures to the business as well as working closely daily with senior management.
The successful Procurement Manager will be expected to:
* Be a confident relationship builder
* Previous experience working in construction / civil engineering
* Confident negotiating skills
* Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
The successful Procurement Manager will be rewarded with:
* A growing and forward-thinking organisation
* Hardworking and proactive team with the autonomy to work independently
* Onsite parking and lunch provided
The purpose of the Procurement Manager is to support the business with continued growth at a higher strategic level that can support with new business development and existing contract agreements in place. It will benefit someone who has worked in a construction related business that has been part of a growth plan and is confident working independently and part of a small team.
Duties to include:
* Review all procurement contracts with suppliers and sub-contractors
* Establish strong rapport with all contacts and arrange meetings to build upon this
* Recommend new structures and implement changes on procurement
* Liaise with site management on materials and subcontract procurement needs & audit
* Support with bid development and contract reviews
* Manage a small team & support with bid and purchasing requirements & being a mentor
* Improve strategic plans for the department
* Attend management meetings reporting on savings, improvements & new business
* Complete all project orders for financials, health & safety, competency, performance scores
This position would suit someone who has excellent contract management experience, proven experience developing relationships and long term strategic thinking as well as someone who can support more junior team members with being a leader in the business and mentoring them to allow their experience to develop and add further to the team.
Monday to Friday 9:00AM - 5:30PM
£50 - £70k dependant on experience
Dear Job seeker! We value your application however we are unable to respond to everyone directly due to high volumes we receive. Please be assured though that we will review your CV and should we believe you meet the experience needed for this vacancy one of the team at Success Recruit will be in touch very shortly!
In the meantime, we wish you all the best in your new job search and finding a position you will be happy long term within